If you are considering straightening your teeth, chances are you have come across Invisalign during your searches
If you have concerns about the alignment of your teeth, but don’t want to get braces, Invisalign might be the best option for you.
Invisalign has a different process to traditional braces. As the name suggests, Invisalign is designed to be invisible. Aligner trays made of smooth, comfortable, BPA-free clear plastic are worn over your teeth to subtly and gently move your teeth.
Dr Joshua Pond at All About Teeth in Townsville will use x-rays, pictures, and impressions to create a precise 3-D image of your teeth and to configure your aligner trays accordingly.
Invisalign can treat the following dental issues:
- Gaps in teeth
- Crowded teeth
Benefits of Invisalign
The benefits of Invisalign go deeper than just aesthetics and include:
- Better oral health – Invisalign aligners are removable, so it’s easier to clean your teeth and maintain your oral health during treatment.
- Smile – most people won’t know you’re going through orthodontic treatment when you’re wearing Invisalign clear aligners because they are virtually invisible!
- Freedom to celebrate – Got a special occasion coming up? No problem, just take your aligners out for the event and pop them back in when you’re done.
- Keep an active lifestyle – With Invisalign clear aligners, you don’t have to worry about your treatment interfering with your active lifestyle.
- Potentially fewer doctor visits – Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, with doctor visits only required approximately every six to eight weeks
How long does Invisalign take?
The length of treatment depends on the severity of your case and can only be determined during a consultation with Dr Pond at All About Teeth. However, the average case takes about 12 months for adults. The length of time necessary for a teen patient may vary and can be determined by Dr Pond.
How do I get Invisalign?
At All About Teeth in Townsville, we are proud to be an official Invisalign provider and are able to help our patients of all ages get the straighter smile that they really want, without wearing traditional dental braces.
With over 4.5 million people satisfied with their smiles after Invisalign, it’s safe to say Invisalign is one of the world’s most effective and advanced digital orthodontic treatment options.
Straightening your teeth to improve your smile and overall oral health should not be taken lightly. After reading this, if you are thinking Invisalign makes more sense for you or your child and are planning to go ahead with Invisalign treatment, contact our experienced team at All About Teeth today.